Get the Royal Treatment at Elevenses by joining our Management team! What does Elevenses have to offer you?
Requiring prior experience in Fast paced and Breakfast and Lunch dining, this position is for our Assistant Manager. He/She is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a restaurant and assisting the GM throughout operation.
Their duties include hiring and training restaurant staff following company policies, speaking with diners to address concerns or solve problems and creating work schedules for restaurant staff. This position demands creativity daily, excellent communication skills, and the ability to maintain the highest level of standards. The Assistant Manager must work well under pressure, is organized, flexible, self-motivated, and reliable.
- Ensuring incoming staff complies with company policies & training staff to follow restaurant procedures
- Maintaining safety and food quality standards
- Organizing schedules and deliveries
- Keeping track of employees’ hours
- Processing & Recording payroll data for the entire staff
- Ordering food, linens, gloves and other supplies while staying within budget limitations
- Research new wholesale food suppliers and negotiate prices, while managing and storing vendors’ contracts and invoices
- Calculate future needs in kitchenware and equipment and place orders, as needed
- Coordinate communication between front of the house and back of the house staff
- Prepare shift schedules & plan staff meetings
- Supervise kitchen and wait staff and provide assistance, as needed
- Keep detailed records of daily, weekly and monthly costs and revenues
- Arrange for new employees’ proper onboarding (scheduling trainings and ordering uniforms)
- Monitor compliance with safety and hygiene regulations
- Gather guests’ feedback and recommend improvements to our menus
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with Corporate office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste
- Estimate food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies
- Must be certified for CPFM & Alcohol Safety
- Keeps General Manager promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 1 year management experience in face paced restaurant environment
- 3 years of high volume restaurant/ bar experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs repetitively throughout the entire shift
- Must be able to stand, bend, push, and lift for long periods of time