Get the Royal Treatment at Elevenses by joining our team! What does Elevenses have to offer you?
Requiring prior experience in Fast paced and Breakfast and Lunch service, this position is for one of our Bartenders. He/She is quick with a pour, whether it is from our taps or one of our cocktails. They pilot guests through our beverage menu, draft selections and hand-crafted cocktails.
The Bar is one of the main focal points of our restaurant, so it is pivotal that our Bartenders take pride in providing attentive, friendly and safe service that ensures our guests feel valued. This in turn will help to create guest loyalty and expansion.
- Achieve daily assignments of maintaining a clean, productive and safe bar environment.
- Help other bartenders whenever necessary for total unity and teamwork necessary to run a bar.
- Maintain front of the house cleanliness standards to guarantee that the highest quality products are consistently being delivered to the guest at all times.
- Interact with fellow co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains specials, menu changes, and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness
- Report unsafe work conditions/practices and safety/security violations in compliance with company policy.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning on all bar equipment and surrounding areas in accordance with FOH SOP’s
- Inspect and evaluate the condition of equipment daily for cleanliness and report any necessary repairs to the bar manager.
- Manage time and bar section productivity according to the volume of business in all areas.
- Make and serve drinks to guests and servers while following established guidelines, procedures & policies regarding beverage & safety controls
- Perform all guest interactions in a timely, efficient & professional manner exceeding guest expectations.
- Ring in guest checks, collect cash or process credit cards in a timely and professional manner
- Know and comply with state and city liquor laws.
- Recognize when a guest has had too much to drink & stop serving them more alcohol.
- Abides by all Safety and Sanitation Guidelines and maintains proper certifications
- Checks and maintains all service areas before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness (performs all pre-shift and post-shift side work)
- Exhibits knowledge of Elevenses food, wine, beer, liquor and non-alcoholic beverage menus in order to successfully use suggestive selling techniques
- Comprehensively able to answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant services
- Makes personalized menu recommendations based any guest-specific tastes and/or dietary restrictions
- Expedites, confirms and delivers orders to guests
- Aware of guest satisfaction throughout the meal service, addresses/rectifies any issues and brings them to the manager on duty when necessary
- Thanks guests for their visit and encourages them to return
- Assists in placing orders for all liquor and bar related supplies when asked by management
- Conducts inventory of all liquor and bar related supplies.
- Successfully complete all other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- Have graduated high school or passed a high school equivalency exam
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Obtain Serv Safe or equivalent certifications pertaining to alcohol safety
- Have a minimum of one year of bartending experience in a fast paced bar/restaurant
- Strong knowledge of beer, wine, liquor, and classic cocktail preparation
- Be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Have experience with a point-of-sale (POS) computer system for order input
- Have a respectful, friendly and professional appearance and manner
- Display tremendous customer service skills with strong ability to interact with guests
- Strong written and verbal understanding English
- Perform accurate mathematical calculations
- Strong cash handling skills
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and lift repeatedly throughout shift
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while maintaining a positive attitude