Get the Royal Treatment at Elevenses by joining our Management team! What does Elevenses have to offer you?
Requiring prior experience in Fast paced and Breakfast and Lunch dining, this position is for our Beverage Manager. He/She oversees the beverage programs of dining and drinking establishments, from planning to execution.
Their job is to manage the day-to-day operations, supervise and delegate responsibilities among staff, organize schedules and activities, set objectives and guidelines, monitor inventories to ensure an adequate supply of beverages, and coordinate with suppliers to purchase orders, building positive business relationships in the process. Moreover, they will monitor operations and resolve issues promptly and professionally, all while implementing policies and regulations.
- Manage beverage purchasing, beverage menu designing, marketing of new products and VIP customer requests.
- Manage all FOH positions, including developing and coaching employees, motivating the team and continuing to drive sales.
- Utilize POS system to accurately charge customers, track revenue reports and ensure timeliness of food and beverage.
- Handle other administrative tasks such as: running reports, inventory and budget for food and beverage functions, & responsible for managing beverage costs and overall profitability of the bar
- Overseeing major recruitment and training efforts, ensuring staff meets (or exceeds) expectations related to guest service, guest recognition, and product knowledge
- Create an illustrated process, which promotes continuity for timely and accurate vendor ordering procedures for all FOH staff.
- Communicate FOH service observations to management and partners.
- Efficiently and appropriately manages beverage inventory and inventory control processes.
- Drives local guest recognition program, promoting return visits, loyalty, and increased profitability.
- Develop a culture that promotes accountability, effective communications, service excellence, teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and Associate satisfaction.
- Ensure all Human Resource practices and policies are adhered to include recruitment, employment matters and training.
- Ensure the completion and documentation of comprehensive menu and beverage tests of all service staff
- Responsible for controlling the security, breakage and shrinkage levels of all supplies and tableware.
- Execute the Front of House Operating Plan to ensure predictability and consistency. Proactively anticipate and drive guest/service satisfaction and conduct root cause analysis on gaps in service delivery
- Drive guest satisfaction by maintaining service quality standards by completing regular outlet inspections, updating, maintaining and verifying completeness of outlet checklists and cleaning schedules, ensuring completion of Brand and Company training programs, ongoing service training and executing approved corrective action plans as applicable.
- Proactively manage the hostess stand and communications with Back of House leadership to ensure timely execution of Steps of Service.
- Produce all weekly front of house schedules consistent with staffing models and advance timely for final approval.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of recording all revenues, discounts and cash control procedures.
- Assess each operation's compliance to all standard operating procedures in weekly one on one meetings with direct reports. Assists in solving any operational shortcomings. Document findings from outlet inspections and follow up to ensure that action items are promptly and effectively addressed
- Is present during high volume meal periods which may also include when high profile/exposure, VIP events, large events and sponsored events are occurring on property. This position is responsible for daily floor management of shifts as assigned
- Create a culture within the department that maximizes performance through effective communication including meaningful pre-shifts, teamwork, regular performance feedback and incentive programs aligned with achieving business plan commitments.
- Perform Emergency Response duties as required for this role in the Emergency Response Organizational Chart and Plan.
Experience & Skills:
- Prior experience in a face paced restaurant or bar environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior managerial experience of a team of 5 or more.
- Exposure to scheduling, PO processing, time card calculations and expense control systems preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Ability to interact with guests and staff in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task within specific time constraints.
- Good attitude and work ethic practices.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to give direction.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Willingness to receive development and supervisory training.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- College or Trade school education preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.