Get the Royal Treatment at Elevenses by joining our team! What does Elevenses have to offer you?
Requiring prior experience in Fast paced and Breakfast and Lunch service, this position is for one of our Hostesses. Our Hosts play an important role in our daily operations by being our “first and last impression”. Hosts set the stage for an exceptional dining experience.
They're responsible for greeting Guests with genuine hospitality and professionalism, accurately quoting wait times, seating Guests in a clean/ sanitary environment all while accommodating their needs.
- Greeting guests in a friendly and inviting manner
- Engaging in friendly conversation as you seat guests in a timely fashion
- Managing restaurant waiting list during high volume
- Seat guests based on their preferences and balancing customer flow in server sections
- Maintain the entry area, host stand and menus
- Assist service and bar staff
- Communicate with staff and management to ensure that guest's expectations are exceeded
- Clearing, cleaning and resetting tables to ensure they are ready for the next guest
- Always sincerely thanking guests as they leave and inviting them to return
- Complete side work and any additional projects at the discretion of management
- When immediate seating is unavailable, record guest names, and number of people in party
- When on wait, provide guests with estimated waiting time and page guests when tables become available
- Walk guests to tables with menus and specials when appropriate
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible
- Between seating, assist in cleaning table tops, chairs and booths
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and communicate guest requests to server or manager as needed
- Communicate with the server to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Keep the host area, floors, door glass, and window panels clean.
- Clean restrooms and maintain them throughout the shift.
- Clean Menus at the beginning and end of the shift, or if noticeably dirty during
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager/immediate supervisor
- Exhibits and encourages proper hygiene and sanitary habits.
Experience & Skills:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- High School diploma or GED preferred or in the process of attaining
- Minimum of 6 months of customer service, retail sales, or food service experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, as well as converse comfortably with guests, in English
- Able to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Able to bend, lift and carry up to 25 pounds