Get the Royal Treatment at Elevenses by joining our team! What does Elevenses have to offer you?
Requiring prior experience in Fast paced and Breakfast and Lunch service, this position is for one of our Servers. He/She is a culinary tour guide and a guru of our brand both inside and out. We pride ourselves on the uniqueness of our menu which requires that our servers know our menu items and the quality ingredients that are included in them.
A Elevenses server must be insightful to customer preferences and dietary restrictions and be able to recommend menu selections based on that information.
- Serves food and beverages, attends to the guests and their needs, & clears their tables
- Follows all state,federal, and city regulations and adheres to restaurant liquor policies pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated persons
- Adheres to all Safety and Sanitation Guidelines
- Checks and maintains all service areas before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness
- Performs all pre-shift and post-shift side work
- Follows Elevenses Service Standards
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains specials, menu changes, and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of food, wine, beer, liquor and non-alcoholic beverage menus
- Able to answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services
- Makes personalized menu recommendations based any guest-specific tastes and/or dietary restrictions
- Expedites, confirms and delivers orders to guests
- Gauges guest satisfaction throughout the meal service, courteously addresses any issues and escalates them to the manager on duty when necessary
- Thanks guests for their visit and encourage them to return
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers, host/hostess, and server assistants as situations arise
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
Experience & Skills:
- Have graduated high school or passed a high school equivalency exam
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of one year of full-service restaurant experience
- Have experience with a point-of-sale (POS) computer system for order input
- Demonstrates strong character/morals (i.e. do the right thing even when no one is looking)
- English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Hold a valid Food Handlers Card/Servsafe Alcohol Safety Certification
- Have a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor
- Display and execute excellent customer service skills with strong ability to interact with guests
- Perform accurate mathematical calculations
- Possesses strong cash handling skills
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, and carry food trays throughout entire shift
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Availability to work weekends and holidays